Christmas in the City is on Saturday, December 3, 2022 from 2:00 to 6:00 PM in Downtown Batavia!
Our local shops and organizations will be offering holiday specials and activities, including pictures with Santa, Santa’s Village, Santa’s workshop, cookie decorating with Mrs. Claus, Kid’s Zone with games & crafts, Horse and Buggy Rides, and much more all culminating at the end of the night with a Holiday Parade down Main Street at 6:00 PM.
Help us celebrate our community this holiday season! There are several opportunities to participate:
- Enter your business or group into the Holiday Parade. Parade participants can walk or drive a vehicle or float decorated for the holiday season. We ask that no one puts a Santa on their float, as we have a hired one for the event. (Please see attached form)
- Sponsor the event. Please see attached form for sponsorship opportunities.
- Volunteer to help with organizing the event and/or assisting with parade line up.
If you are a business located in the Batavia Business Improvement District:
- As a Downtown Business Owner, you are invited to take part in the Wreath Contest. For a $20 entry, participants will pick up their wreaths on Saturday November 19th in Jackson Square and return them decorated to BID by Monday November 28th. Judging will begin on Saturday December 3rd and run through December 24th. The first place winner will receive $100 Cash Prize, Second place $75, and third place $50. (Please fill out attached form)
- Enter your business or group into the Holiday Parade.
- Offer exclusive in-store specials during the event or hand out coupons/promotional items during the event.
- Host a festive activity at your business
For questions or concerns please contact Shannon Maute at: 585-409-5531 or by emailing director@DowntownBataviaNY.com. All forms can be mailed, emailed, filled out online or dropped off for participation in this year’s event.